Summit Redstone Raises Price Target on Nimble Storage (NMBL) to $14 Following Solid 2Q
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Summit Redstone reiterated a Buy rating on Nimble Storage (NYSE: NMBL), and raised the price target to $14.00 (from $12.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. NMBL reported revenue ahead of consensus estimates by $2.3mln, with EPS coming ahead of the Street estimates by a penny. 3Q EPS was guided inline.
Analyst Srini Nandury commented, "Following Nimble’s solid F2Q results, we reiterate our BUY rating on the stock and increase our PT to $14 (up from $12). Nimble reported F2Q17 revenue that was ahead of consensus estimates by $2.3mln, with EPS coming ahead of both our/Street estimates by a penny. The company also guided revenue and EPS that was inline. Revenue upside was driven by solid AFA (All Flash Array) performance and this is surprising given that the company launched AFA only five months ago. With the launch of AFA, the company can now address workloads that it was previously locked out of. Many large enterprise customers are deploying AFA for mission critical workloads and we believe Nimble has a compelling product line that will be competitive against large incumbents. While large incumbents such as NetApp, EMC, HP and IBM will continue to use pricing as a lever to protect their install bases, we are confident enterprises will find Nimble’s products more compelling given lower TCO. By many accounts, the Nimble AFA is a serious contender in the flash storage landscape, and we expect the company to get its fair share of business given that AFAs are likely to become the de facto storage device across the business landscape."
Shares of Nimble Storage closed at $8.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Capital One Financial (COF) to $90
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Srini Nandury
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!