Summers Street Negative on Genocea Biosciences (GNCA)
- Top 10 News for 5/26 - 5/29: Charter, Time Warner Cable Formally Enter Deal; Revised Q1 GDP Tops Tempered Expectations
- Humana (HUM) Said to Consider Sale Amid Receipt of Takeover Interest
- U.S. GDP Fell 0.7% in Q1 Amid Weaker Goods Exports, Business Investment - 2nd Est.
- Equinix (EQIX) to Acquire TelecityGroup in $3.6B Deal
- Merck (MRK) Issues Positive Update on KEYTRUDA Phase 2 in Colorectal Cancer, Other Solid Tumors
Summers Street analyst Bart Classen made negative comment on Genocea Biosciences (NASDAQ: GNCA) in a research note Tuesday.
"We recently hosted a conference call to discuss Genocea Biosciences’ (GNCA) GEN-003, a therapeutic vaccine to treat herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) infections. The vaccine completed a phase II clinical trial and as we expected the results are, in our opinion, were lackluster. There was absolutely no benefit on viral shedding, one year after the last dose, in any dosing group. Given the lack of effect in viral shedding we believe that the “exploratory” endpoint of reduction in genital lesions by 42% is all artifact and the result of data mining. The company admits they need to go back to the drawing board and perform a new Phase II dosing study. There is no reason to believe a new dosing study will lead to positive data," said Classen.
The stock is Not Rated by Summer Street.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Has Increased Confidence in Heron Therapeutics (HRTX) as Sustol Beats Standard Of Care
- Sterne Agee CRT Reiterates Buy rating on Ulta Salon (ULTA) Following Q1
- TD Securities Starts Merus Labs (MSLI) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!