Summers Street Negative on Genocea Biosciences (GNCA)
- Futures lower after weak Chinese economic data
- IMS Health (IMS), Quintiles (Q) Enter Merger Agreement; Carries Enterprise Value of $23B
- Biogen (BIIB) Plans to Spinoff Hemophilia Business into Independent, Publicly-Traded Company
- No respite for Japan as yen soars to 18-month high
- Pfizer (PFE) Tops Q1 EPS by 12c; Boosts FY16 Outlook
Summers Street analyst Bart Classen made negative comment on Genocea Biosciences (NASDAQ: GNCA) in a research note Tuesday.
"We recently hosted a conference call to discuss Genocea Biosciences’ (GNCA) GEN-003, a therapeutic vaccine to treat herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) infections. The vaccine completed a phase II clinical trial and as we expected the results are, in our opinion, were lackluster. There was absolutely no benefit on viral shedding, one year after the last dose, in any dosing group. Given the lack of effect in viral shedding we believe that the “exploratory” endpoint of reduction in genital lesions by 42% is all artifact and the result of data mining. The company admits they need to go back to the drawing board and perform a new Phase II dosing study. There is no reason to believe a new dosing study will lead to positive data," said Classen.
The stock is Not Rated by Summer Street.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) to Market Perform
- Imperial Capital Cuts Price Target on Diebold (DBD) Following 1Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Olympic Steel (ZEUS) to $20 Following 1Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!