Summers Street Negative on Genocea Biosciences (GNCA)
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
Summers Street analyst Bart Classen made negative comment on Genocea Biosciences (NASDAQ: GNCA) in a research note Tuesday.
"We recently hosted a conference call to discuss Genocea Biosciences’ (GNCA) GEN-003, a therapeutic vaccine to treat herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) infections. The vaccine completed a phase II clinical trial and as we expected the results are, in our opinion, were lackluster. There was absolutely no benefit on viral shedding, one year after the last dose, in any dosing group. Given the lack of effect in viral shedding we believe that the “exploratory” endpoint of reduction in genital lesions by 42% is all artifact and the result of data mining. The company admits they need to go back to the drawing board and perform a new Phase II dosing study. There is no reason to believe a new dosing study will lead to positive data," said Classen.
The stock is Not Rated by Summer Street.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Midcoast Energy Partners, L.P. (MEP) to Neutral
- Jefferies Downgrades Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc. (CNSL) to Hold
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades YRC Worldwide (YRCW) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!