Summers Street Negative on Genocea Biosciences (GNCA)
- CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in the U.S. (TKMR)
- Market Wrap: eBay to Unload PayPal; Ebola Confirmed in U.S.; Microsoft Reveals Next Key Product
- Angie's List (ANGI) Hires Bankers to Explore Possible Sale - FT
- Freddie Mac (FMCC), Fannie Mae (FNMA) investors suit against U.S. thrown out - Bloomberg
- Needham & Company Upgrades InvenSense (INVN) to Strong Buy; Look Past Fearmongers
Summers Street analyst Bart Classen made negative comment on Genocea Biosciences (NASDAQ: GNCA) in a research note Tuesday.
"We recently hosted a conference call to discuss Genocea Biosciences’ (GNCA) GEN-003, a therapeutic vaccine to treat herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) infections. The vaccine completed a phase II clinical trial and as we expected the results are, in our opinion, were lackluster. There was absolutely no benefit on viral shedding, one year after the last dose, in any dosing group. Given the lack of effect in viral shedding we believe that the “exploratory” endpoint of reduction in genital lesions by 42% is all artifact and the result of data mining. The company admits they need to go back to the drawing board and perform a new Phase II dosing study. There is no reason to believe a new dosing study will lead to positive data," said Classen.
The stock is Not Rated by Summer Street.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Rush Enterprises Inc. (RUSHA) to Neutral
- FBR Capital Upgrades AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG) to Outperform
- Needham & Company Positive on Relistor Expanding Approveal for Progenics Pharmaceuticals (PGNX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!