Street Watchdog Research Sees 'Accounting Irregularities' at Vipshop (VIPS)
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Street Watchdog Research is out negative again on Vipshop Holdings (NYSE: VIPS), saying they've uncovered $150 million in 'accounting irregularities'
The group said:
"When we total the amounts given for the four individual quarters of FY 2015, we arrive at 2015 annual sales of USD $6,354,218,000, a number that is almost $148 million different from the 2015 sales figures reported to the SEC in April. Clearly, either the quarterly figures are incorrect, or the annual figures are incorrect, or both sets are incorrect. Unfortunately, we don’t know which set(s) of figures are incorrect, but what we have extrapolated from this data is that the quarterly figures have been “enhanced” to make the numbers not as bad as they in fact are. Similarly, the profit reported to the SEC at the end of the year is less than the profit reported for each of the four quarters of 2015. When the total 2016 figures are reported to the SEC next February, we’ll be able to make a similar analysis for 2016."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Moody's Lower Outlook on Italy to Negative; Ratings Affirmed (FXE)
- Plains GP Holdings (PAGP) Files $1B Class A Shares Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!