Street Watchdog Research Sees 'Accounting Irregularities' at Vipshop (VIPS)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Street Watchdog Research is out negative again on Vipshop Holdings (NYSE: VIPS), saying they've uncovered $150 million in 'accounting irregularities'
The group said:
"When we total the amounts given for the four individual quarters of FY 2015, we arrive at 2015 annual sales of USD $6,354,218,000, a number that is almost $148 million different from the 2015 sales figures reported to the SEC in April. Clearly, either the quarterly figures are incorrect, or the annual figures are incorrect, or both sets are incorrect. Unfortunately, we don’t know which set(s) of figures are incorrect, but what we have extrapolated from this data is that the quarterly figures have been “enhanced” to make the numbers not as bad as they in fact are. Similarly, the profit reported to the SEC at the end of the year is less than the profit reported for each of the four quarters of 2015. When the total 2016 figures are reported to the SEC next February, we’ll be able to make a similar analysis for 2016."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
- Aradigm Corp. (ARDM) Announces Mixed Results from Two Pulmaquin Phase 3s in non-CF BE; ORBIT-3 Missed Endpoints
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!