Stratasys (SSYS) PT, Estimates Cut at Stifel
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel analyst Patrick Newton lowered estimates and his price target on Stratasys Inc. (NASDAQ: SSYS) to $19.00 (from $23.00) following results. The firm maintained a Hold rating.
Newton commented, "Stratasys’ 3Q16 results included a significant revenue miss and lower than expected gross margin, resulting in the company reducing its 2016 guidance. Pro forma EPS was $0.00, comparing negatively to our estimate of $0.06 and consensus of $0.06. 3Q16 revenue was $157.2 million, well behind our forecast of $171.1 million and the consensus of $174.5 million. Gross margin underperformed in the quarter, coming in at 54.0% versus our 54.7% expectation, with the miss attributed to sales mix (less contribution from new J750 vs 2Q16). The lone silver lining from the quarter was management’s ability to control opex, with R&D expense flat sequentially and SG&A well below recent levels and our expectation. For 2016, management reduced its guidance ranges to revenue of $662-$673 million and non-GAAP EPS of $0.13-$0.21, indicative of a continuation of a challenged business environment through the end of the year. Management again noted elongated sales cycles and a weak demand environment persist across all regions and business units, and that nearly all near-term cost reduction initiatives have been completed. We maintain our Hold rating as we await any sort of visibility into improving fundamentals and gain more comfort in understanding GM% impacts from sales mix and volume."
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $0.38 to $0.18 and FY 2017 EPS from $0.70 to $0.60.
Shares of Stratasys Inc. closed at $20.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Simon Property Group (SPG) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!