Stratasys (SSYS) PT, Estimates Cut at Stifel
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel analyst Patrick Newton lowered estimates and his price target on Stratasys Inc. (NASDAQ: SSYS) to $19.00 (from $23.00) following results. The firm maintained a Hold rating.
Newton commented, "Stratasys’ 3Q16 results included a significant revenue miss and lower than expected gross margin, resulting in the company reducing its 2016 guidance. Pro forma EPS was $0.00, comparing negatively to our estimate of $0.06 and consensus of $0.06. 3Q16 revenue was $157.2 million, well behind our forecast of $171.1 million and the consensus of $174.5 million. Gross margin underperformed in the quarter, coming in at 54.0% versus our 54.7% expectation, with the miss attributed to sales mix (less contribution from new J750 vs 2Q16). The lone silver lining from the quarter was management’s ability to control opex, with R&D expense flat sequentially and SG&A well below recent levels and our expectation. For 2016, management reduced its guidance ranges to revenue of $662-$673 million and non-GAAP EPS of $0.13-$0.21, indicative of a continuation of a challenged business environment through the end of the year. Management again noted elongated sales cycles and a weak demand environment persist across all regions and business units, and that nearly all near-term cost reduction initiatives have been completed. We maintain our Hold rating as we await any sort of visibility into improving fundamentals and gain more comfort in understanding GM% impacts from sales mix and volume."
The firm cut FY 2016 EPS from $0.38 to $0.18 and FY 2017 EPS from $0.70 to $0.60.
Shares of Stratasys Inc. closed at $20.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!