Stifel Upgrades Potash Corp. (POT) to Buy
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 14, 2016 9:47 AM EDT)
Stifel upgraded Potash Corp. (NYSE: POT) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $20. Analyst Paul S. Forward said the price target assumes completion of the Agrium merger, and a 33% risk-adjustment to the $500 million of expected merger synergies.
"The risk adjustment on the expected synergies reflects (1) the possibility of lower than expected operating and procurement synergies, (2) the possibility that antitrust concerns require an asset divestiture, and (3) the possibility that shareholders reject the merger. Of the three areas of risks, we believe the primary concern is related to the timing and size of realized operating and procurement synergies, while antitrust and lack of shareholder approval are lower probability events," said Forward.
The analyst added, "The merger benefits both Agrium and PotashCorp shareholders, in our view, by providing Agrium shareholders with backwards integration for its growing retail network as well as leverage to a rebound in nutrient prices, which we expect are approaching trough levels, and by providing PotashCorp shareholders shelter from a difficult nutrient price environment and access to growth in the form of Agrium's retail exposure."
Shares of Potash Corp. closed at $16.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Upgrades Regency Centers (REG) to Buy
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesStifel, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!