Stifel Says Applied Materials (AMAT) is Best Positioned for Virtual/Augmented Reality Opportunity; Reiterates Buy
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $36.00 price target on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) ahead of the company's analyst day. Stifel believes that Applied is best positioned to benefit from an emerging Virtual reality and augmented reality trend due to its leadership position in the semiconductor equipment and display equipment markets.
Analyst Patrick Ho commented, "Ahead of the company’s Analyst Day next week, we wanted to examine an emerging opportunity that could provide significant upside potential in future years. We believe the emerging virtual reality (V/R) and augmented reality (A/R) markets are future growth catalysts in both its semiconductor equipment and its display equipment businesses. We believe the growth in these markets from the current gaming opportunity to more real-life applications will be drivers for additional wafer starts and an acceleration of OLED capacity in the industry. Given Applied’s exposure on both of these ends, we believe it is the best positioned company to capitalize on this opportunity and we would not be surprised if management provides some additional commentary and forecasts."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $29.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!