Stifel Says Applied Materials (AMAT) is Best Positioned for Virtual/Augmented Reality Opportunity; Reiterates Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $36.00 price target on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) ahead of the company's analyst day. Stifel believes that Applied is best positioned to benefit from an emerging Virtual reality and augmented reality trend due to its leadership position in the semiconductor equipment and display equipment markets.
Analyst Patrick Ho commented, "Ahead of the company’s Analyst Day next week, we wanted to examine an emerging opportunity that could provide significant upside potential in future years. We believe the emerging virtual reality (V/R) and augmented reality (A/R) markets are future growth catalysts in both its semiconductor equipment and its display equipment businesses. We believe the growth in these markets from the current gaming opportunity to more real-life applications will be drivers for additional wafer starts and an acceleration of OLED capacity in the industry. Given Applied’s exposure on both of these ends, we believe it is the best positioned company to capitalize on this opportunity and we would not be surprised if management provides some additional commentary and forecasts."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $29.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!