Stifel Says Applied Materials (AMAT) is Best Positioned for Virtual/Augmented Reality Opportunity; Reiterates Buy
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $36.00 price target on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) ahead of the company's analyst day. Stifel believes that Applied is best positioned to benefit from an emerging Virtual reality and augmented reality trend due to its leadership position in the semiconductor equipment and display equipment markets.
Analyst Patrick Ho commented, "Ahead of the company’s Analyst Day next week, we wanted to examine an emerging opportunity that could provide significant upside potential in future years. We believe the emerging virtual reality (V/R) and augmented reality (A/R) markets are future growth catalysts in both its semiconductor equipment and its display equipment businesses. We believe the growth in these markets from the current gaming opportunity to more real-life applications will be drivers for additional wafer starts and an acceleration of OLED capacity in the industry. Given Applied’s exposure on both of these ends, we believe it is the best positioned company to capitalize on this opportunity and we would not be surprised if management provides some additional commentary and forecasts."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $29.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Resumes Target (TGT) at Hold
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts Mercury Computer (MRCY) at Buy
- Stifel Resumes Costco Wholesale (COST) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!