Stifel Remains Sidelined on Crane Co. (CR) Following Earnings Call
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Hold rating on Crane Co. (NYSE: CR), and raised the price target to $69.00 (from $65.00), following the company's 3Q earnings call. Adjusted EPS was reported at $1.07, compared to $1.03 in 3Q15. Sales of $694.2 million increased 3.6% y/y from sales of $669.9 million in 3Q15.
Analyst Nathan Jones commented, "No doubt the performance in the quarter and the fundamental trends warranted a nice move up in the stock, however we don't think it warranted the 11.3% (vs. -0.3% XLI) move the stock got to today. HOWEVER we won't argue with the stock move given CR management made special note of significant project wins that are on the come in both P&M and A&E. This kind of behavior (signaling to the Street) is unusual for management and we take it as a sign that they are imminent, highly probable, and substantial. We think investors certainly placed bets today that these will indeed move the needle for Crane in 2017 and 2018."
Shares of Crane closed at $67.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Clean Harbors (CLH) to $60; Reiterates Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades EMCOR Group (EME) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!