Stifel Remains Positive on L Brands (LB) Following August Sales; Says Thesis Remains Intact
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel affirms L Brands, Inc. (NYSE: LB) at Buy with a price target of $90 following August 2016 sales results, which were released ahead of the opening bell on Thursday.
Analyst Richard Jaffe noted the following today:
- Better Than Expected August Sales - August comp store sales, including direct, increased 2% to LY. Store only comps were flat. Merchandise margins were down significantly to LY, driven by increased promotional activity at VS.
- Thesis Intact – Solid positive comps, 2%, at VS excluding the non go-forward categories, supports our thesis that: (1) LB is well positioned to capitalize on the current bralette trend, driving incremental sales and (2) the company will be able to more than replace the lost sales from exiting swim and apparel with higher margin merchandise, likely resulting in 5%-10% annual top-line growth at VS, with margin expansion, in the next several years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Pandora (P): Preannouncement Is Substantial Surprise - FBR
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Abbott (ABT) to $47; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!