Stifel Remains Positive on L Brands (LB) Following August Sales; Says Thesis Remains Intact
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel affirms L Brands, Inc. (NYSE: LB) at Buy with a price target of $90 following August 2016 sales results, which were released ahead of the opening bell on Thursday.
Analyst Richard Jaffe noted the following today:
- Better Than Expected August Sales - August comp store sales, including direct, increased 2% to LY. Store only comps were flat. Merchandise margins were down significantly to LY, driven by increased promotional activity at VS.
- Thesis Intact – Solid positive comps, 2%, at VS excluding the non go-forward categories, supports our thesis that: (1) LB is well positioned to capitalize on the current bralette trend, driving incremental sales and (2) the company will be able to more than replace the lost sales from exiting swim and apparel with higher margin merchandise, likely resulting in 5%-10% annual top-line growth at VS, with margin expansion, in the next several years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on VCA Antech (WOOF) Following 3Q Miss
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!