Stifel Remains Positive on L Brands (LB) Following August Sales; Says Thesis Remains Intact
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel affirms L Brands, Inc. (NYSE: LB) at Buy with a price target of $90 following August 2016 sales results, which were released ahead of the opening bell on Thursday.
Analyst Richard Jaffe noted the following today:
- Better Than Expected August Sales - August comp store sales, including direct, increased 2% to LY. Store only comps were flat. Merchandise margins were down significantly to LY, driven by increased promotional activity at VS.
- Thesis Intact – Solid positive comps, 2%, at VS excluding the non go-forward categories, supports our thesis that: (1) LB is well positioned to capitalize on the current bralette trend, driving incremental sales and (2) the company will be able to more than replace the lost sales from exiting swim and apparel with higher margin merchandise, likely resulting in 5%-10% annual top-line growth at VS, with margin expansion, in the next several years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!