Stifel Reiterates Buy on TJX Cos. (TJX) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $92.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 2Q earnings report. TJX reported EPS of $0.84, ahead of the consensus estimates by $0.03.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "TJ Maxx reported 2Q EPS of $0.84 ($0.03 above consensus and our estimate) a 5% increase vs. $0.80 LY. The beat vs. our estimate was driven by better than expected gross margin expansion driven by a significant increase in merchandise margins."
"Solid results as positive customer response to the company’s great values, compelling brands and powerful marketing
drove traffic, broad based strength (across categories and geographic regions), sales (comp sales increased 4% versus
+6% LY) and merchandise margins."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $82.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!