Stifel Reiterates Buy on TJX Cos. (TJX) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $92.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 2Q earnings report. TJX reported EPS of $0.84, ahead of the consensus estimates by $0.03.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "TJ Maxx reported 2Q EPS of $0.84 ($0.03 above consensus and our estimate) a 5% increase vs. $0.80 LY. The beat vs. our estimate was driven by better than expected gross margin expansion driven by a significant increase in merchandise margins."
"Solid results as positive customer response to the company’s great values, compelling brands and powerful marketing
drove traffic, broad based strength (across categories and geographic regions), sales (comp sales increased 4% versus
+6% LY) and merchandise margins."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $82.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NetEase (NTES) PT Raised To $305 At Goldman Sachs, Maintains Buy
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Qualcomm (QCOM) Following FTC Complaint
- Credit Suisse Downgrades Himax Technologies (HIMX) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!