Stifel Reiterates Buy on Matson (MATX) Following Investor Day
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $46.00 price target on Matson, Inc. (NYSE: MATX) after attending the company's investor day. After acquiring the Alaska focused freight forwarding and consolidating business, the company anticipates $21 million of annual EBITDA accretion or $0.10-0.12 in EPS accretion. Also, while Alaska is in the midst of an oil related recession, the impact on Matson's rates and volumes should be limited. Channel checks, show volumes to potentially be down about 5% y/y which has already been modeled into estimates.
Analyst Benjamin Nolan commented, "This week we attended the Matson's investor day in the Seattle area, specifically focusing on several of the company's more recent acquisitions including the Horizon Alaska shipping business and the SPAN Alaska freight forwarding and consolidation business. Despite a challenging market for international container shipping, Matson's U.S. flag operations continue to do well and we believe there are further opportunities for growth."
Shares of Matson, Inc. closed at $39.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!