Stifel Reiterates Buy After Meeting with VeriFone Systems (PAY) Management
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $18.00 price target on VeriFone Systems (NYSE: PAY) after meeting with management. Stifel came away from the meeting increasingly confident. The company's turnaround will be slow, and Stifel doesn't believe there is another big shoe to drop and expects the stock to recover with the improving fundamentals.
Analyst Christopher Brendler commented, "Although PAY's recent trajectory leaves little room for optimism, we gained confidence in the outlook following meetings with management. The dreaded U.S. EMV cliff is here, but management's new 2017 guidance includes nothing more than normal upgrades at SMBs, so there should only be upside as PAY rolls out next-generation products into this key market. With similar new-product potential in China and a massive growth opportunity, we are more convinced in management's guidance for a 4Q16 trough. As such, although progress will be slow and recent trends have been worrisome, we continue to believe the stock is more than pricing this in. As such, we reiterate our Buy rating and $18 target price, which is based on 11x our 2017 EPS estimate."
Shares of VeriFone closed at $16.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!