Stifel Reiterates Buy After Meeting with VeriFone Systems (PAY) Management
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $18.00 price target on VeriFone Systems (NYSE: PAY) after meeting with management. Stifel came away from the meeting increasingly confident. The company's turnaround will be slow, and Stifel doesn't believe there is another big shoe to drop and expects the stock to recover with the improving fundamentals.
Analyst Christopher Brendler commented, "Although PAY's recent trajectory leaves little room for optimism, we gained confidence in the outlook following meetings with management. The dreaded U.S. EMV cliff is here, but management's new 2017 guidance includes nothing more than normal upgrades at SMBs, so there should only be upside as PAY rolls out next-generation products into this key market. With similar new-product potential in China and a massive growth opportunity, we are more convinced in management's guidance for a 4Q16 trough. As such, although progress will be slow and recent trends have been worrisome, we continue to believe the stock is more than pricing this in. As such, we reiterate our Buy rating and $18 target price, which is based on 11x our 2017 EPS estimate."
Shares of VeriFone closed at $16.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- German Retailer Bartels-Langness Selects Verifone to Offer Customers Intuitive, Multimedia Self-Checkout Experiences
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Expedia (EXPE) to $145; Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades PACCAR (PCAR) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!