Stifel Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $18 Following Comp Sales Report
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel reiterated a Hold rating on Zumiez, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZUMZ), and raised the price target to $18.00 (from $17.00), following the company's September comparable sales report. Comp sales increased 6.3%, better than the consensus estimate of 2%. Management provided an improved outlook for 3Q, given the significant sales beat, and now anticipates EPS to be in the range of $0.29-$0.30 (versus previous guidance of $0.21-$0.26), ahead of consensus of $0.24.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "ZUMZ reported a September comparable sales increase of 6.3%, well above our estimate and consensus of a 2% and 1.5% decrease, respectively. Men’s, accessories, and juniors comped positively, while hardgoods and footwear comped negatively. Men’s continues to outperform, due to more inspiring assortments and what we believe to be a shift in the fashion cycle, which is favoring skater and surf brands. We believe Zumiez benefited from this favorable cycle during the back to school (BTS) selling season."
Shares of Zumiez, Inc. closed at $18.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!