Stifel Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $18 Following Comp Sales Report
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel reiterated a Hold rating on Zumiez, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZUMZ), and raised the price target to $18.00 (from $17.00), following the company's September comparable sales report. Comp sales increased 6.3%, better than the consensus estimate of 2%. Management provided an improved outlook for 3Q, given the significant sales beat, and now anticipates EPS to be in the range of $0.29-$0.30 (versus previous guidance of $0.21-$0.26), ahead of consensus of $0.24.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "ZUMZ reported a September comparable sales increase of 6.3%, well above our estimate and consensus of a 2% and 1.5% decrease, respectively. Men’s, accessories, and juniors comped positively, while hardgoods and footwear comped negatively. Men’s continues to outperform, due to more inspiring assortments and what we believe to be a shift in the fashion cycle, which is favoring skater and surf brands. We believe Zumiez benefited from this favorable cycle during the back to school (BTS) selling season."
Shares of Zumiez, Inc. closed at $18.27 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Gildan Activewear (GIL) Following Investor Meetings
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $80 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!