Stifel Raises Price Target on Power Integrations (POWI) Ahead of 3Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel maintained a Buy rating on Power Integrations (NASDAQ: POWI), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $63.00), ahead of the company's 3Q earnings report. Stifel is expecting POWI to report $99.0mn in revenue and $0.62 non-GAAP EPS, compared with the Street’s estimates of $99.3mn and $0.56. Stifel aslo expects that POWI will guide for a moderately above-seasonal December quarter that is at or above estimates of $97.0mn, compared with the Street’s consensus estimate of $97.3mn.
Analyst Tore Svanberg commented, "We are expecting Power Integrations to report June quarter results at or above our estimates of $99.0mn (+1.9% q/q) revenue and $0.62 non-GAAP EPS, versus the Street’s consensus estimates of $99.3mn and $0.56. Power Integrations guided revenue to be in the range of $96.0mn-$102.0mn, or down 1.2% to up 5.0% q/q and up 1.9% at the midpoint of the range. POWI is in a new product cycle with InnoSwitch and fast charging is ramping swiftly as nearly all smartphone OEMs are joining this trend in delivering higher power chargers with their phones. We expect ramps in rapid charge to have continued in the September quarter and playing a key role in driving revenue growth. Computing could also rebound on pickup in PC demand, as recently reported by Intel in its positive 3Q16 preannouncement. Additionally, we expect positive U.S. manufacturing PMI (51.5%) and China Caixin manufacturing PMI (52.0%) to have continued positive impacts on POWI’s high power business and anticipate LED lighting to also be in an upswing now that POWI has exited the low-end LED lighting segment."
Shares of Power Integrations closed at $61.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!