Stifel Raises Price Target as Microchip Technology (MCHP) Updates Guidance
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating on Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $68.00), following the company's guidance update. Microchip updated its F3Q17 guidance, narrowing the potential range and indicating slight upside to the Street consensus. The new revenue midpoint of $852mn is above the Street estimate of $848mn. Non-GAAP EPS guidance was updated to $0.87 - $0.94 compared to $0.85 - $0.95 previously.
Analyst Kevin Cassidy commented, "Microchip upwardly revised its December ending quarter. According to management, the upside is coming from better than expected integration of recent acquisitions. Management pointed out that significant gross margin improvements may be recognized as the inventory of higher cost products from the now closed Micrel fab is depleted. We have revised our revenue and non-GAAP earnings estimates and increased our 12-month target price to $70."
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $66.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Cooper Cos. (COO) Following 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!