Stifel Raises Price Target as Microchip Technology (MCHP) Updates Guidance
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating on Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $68.00), following the company's guidance update. Microchip updated its F3Q17 guidance, narrowing the potential range and indicating slight upside to the Street consensus. The new revenue midpoint of $852mn is above the Street estimate of $848mn. Non-GAAP EPS guidance was updated to $0.87 - $0.94 compared to $0.85 - $0.95 previously.
Analyst Kevin Cassidy commented, "Microchip upwardly revised its December ending quarter. According to management, the upside is coming from better than expected integration of recent acquisitions. Management pointed out that significant gross margin improvements may be recognized as the inventory of higher cost products from the now closed Micrel fab is depleted. We have revised our revenue and non-GAAP earnings estimates and increased our 12-month target price to $70."
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $66.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!