Stifel Raises Price Target as Microchip Technology (MCHP) Updates Guidance
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating on Microchip Technology (NASDAQ: MCHP), and raised the price target to $70.00 (from $68.00), following the company's guidance update. Microchip updated its F3Q17 guidance, narrowing the potential range and indicating slight upside to the Street consensus. The new revenue midpoint of $852mn is above the Street estimate of $848mn. Non-GAAP EPS guidance was updated to $0.87 - $0.94 compared to $0.85 - $0.95 previously.
Analyst Kevin Cassidy commented, "Microchip upwardly revised its December ending quarter. According to management, the upside is coming from better than expected integration of recent acquisitions. Management pointed out that significant gross margin improvements may be recognized as the inventory of higher cost products from the now closed Micrel fab is depleted. We have revised our revenue and non-GAAP earnings estimates and increased our 12-month target price to $70."
Shares of Microchip Technology closed at $66.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- Deckers Outdoor (DECK) Bear Poser at Susquehanna Modestly Lifts Numbers
- Cree (CREE) PT Raised to $23 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!