Stifel Positive on Vertex (VRTX) as Triple Combo Moves Forward; PT Trimmed to $108
- Wall Street aims at record highs as Trump rally rolls on
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel analyst Adam Walsh trimmed his price target on Vertex (NASDAQ: VRTX) to $108.00 (from $109.00) but maintained a Buy rating as the triple combo moves forward.
Walsh commented, "At last, Vertex outlined the path forward for its triple combo regimens, removing an overhang on the stock as the competitive landscape heats up with Galapagos/Abbvie (not covered) planning to launch their own P2 triple combo in mid-17. In 4Q16, Vertex will launch two separate P2 triple trials, one with VX-440 (4 weeks; includes FEV1 as primary endpoint) and the other with VX-152 (2 weeks - FEV1 as secondary). Of note, neither study is powered to show statistical significance for FEV1. Data for both are expected in 2H17. In addition, Vertex announced new next-gen corrector VX-659 will enter P1 in 4Q16 in both healthy volunteers and CF patients. HBE assays suggest higher efficacy and greater potency than VX-440. Management reaffirmed guidance but also indicated future Kalydeco sales are expected to be flattish given current full penetration - we are modestly lowing our forecast. Discussions with FDA continue regarding the Kalydeco CRL for residual function mutations (not in our model). Our DCF target price is lowered to $108 from $109 on Kalydeco adjustment. With reset Orkambi expectations, 3 P3 VX-661/Kalydeco trials set to read-out in 1H17, and triple combo results due in 2H17, we think Vertex is well-positioned for upside. Reiterate Buy."
Shares of Vertex closed at $78.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- Allergen (AGN) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Credit Suisse
- Restoration Hardware (RH) PT Cut to $30 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!