Stifel Downgrades Viacom (VIAB) to Hold with Paramount Sale on Hold
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel downgraded Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $38.00 (from $49.00) following reports that the Viacom Board has decided to table plans to sell a minority interest in Paramount.
Analyst Benjamin Mogil commented, "We are moving to a Hold rating following more press reports that the Viacom Board has decided to table plans to sell a minority interest in Paramount. We had been holding the potential of a sale as one of the key anchors of our Buy rating as such a sale would have made the core Media assets despite the challenges appear under-valued. With that sale potential now gone, we view the stock as fairly valued."
Shares of Viacom closed at $37.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!