Stifel Downgrades Ryder Systems (R) to Hold on Valuation
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel downgraded Ryder Systems (NYSE: R) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $75.00 and removed the stock from the Select List. The firm cited valuation.
Analyst David Ross commented, "After a nice run this past week, Ryder is now trading 6% over our previously published 12-month target price (on what could be viewed as a conservative 11.5x target multiple, but we'd have to raise it to 13.5x to maintain our Buy rating, and we're not willing to do that at this point), so we are moving to the sidelines with a Hold rating. Ryder has been one of our favorite fundamental plays over the last year, providing one of very few secular stories in an otherwise volatile and cyclical transportation market. And though we still like the company's outsourcing growth story over the next several years, driven by increasing maintenance complexity and driver recruiting/retention issues leading private fleets to Ryder's leasing and dedicated solutions, in the near-term, we do not believe that next year will see much in the way of additional growth (just some recovery of earnings lost in 2016 due to a weak Class 8 rental market and significant drop in used vehicle prices). So, while Ryder still has many good things going for it, we believe R is fairly valued."
Shares of Ryder Systems closed at $79.39 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Regardless Of CEO Transition, Multiple Will Contract - Buckingham
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!