Stifel Downgrades FedEx (FDX) to Hold; Sees Lower Returns
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel downgraded FedEx (NYSE: FDX) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $186.00, saying while e-commerrce growth will continue returns likely lower from here.
Analyst David Ross commented, "We upgraded the shares of FedEx Corp. a little over a year ago with the thesis that we would see one last run before either 1) settling into a global economic pullback, or 2) becoming immersed in a challenging TNT integration. From there, FDX didn't go straight up and its path has been a bit of a roller coaster. And while we do not see an imminent global recession—in fact, we believe there could be further market upside due to multiple expansion in the pre-Trump euphoria—FDX has hit our $186 target price, causing us to step to the sidelines rather than raise our estimates for the target multiple. For investors with a more bullish thesis, every P/E multiple point is worth >$12 in the share price, and we understand the rationale for a $200 target price. But in what we believe to be a still-fragile global economic environment with the heavy-lifting of the TNT integration ahead, we are choosing to take profits here and wait to re-enter at a later point. "
Shares of FedEx closed at $186.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
- KLR Group Downgrades Continental Resources (CLR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!