Stifel Downgrades Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) to Hold
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- SAP (SAP) Q4 IFRS Revenues Rises 7%, Boosts 2020 Outlook
- Oppenheimer Downgrades Energous Corp (WATT) to Perform
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel downgraded Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) from Buy to Hold, citing a lack of visibiilty for near-term improvement.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "Our positive thesis on ANF shares has been that a more thoughtful, on-brand and balanced merchandise assortment combined with a favorable response to the significant marketing investments would drive 2H comp improvement and expense leverage. However, following today’s earnings call, we lack visibility for near-term improvement. Management expects 2H comparable sales to remain challenged despite the impact from a strengthened merchandising and design team (which were hired in August 2015) and a significant increase in marketing spend to support the brands’ repositioning. This indicates to us that ANF’s problems run deeper than just external headwinds (FX and weak tourist traffic). Instead we believe the current merchandise is failing to resonate with consumers particularly at A&F, and the new marketing campaign is not driving traffic."
"A difficult global retail backdrop and a lack of positive indications from management regarding the back-to-school floorset challenges the achievability of 2H16 improvement and undermines investor confidence in ANF as a turnaround story. We are taking a more conservative view on 2016 and 2017 sales and profit. With the stock trading at approximately 19x our new 2017 EPS estimate of $0.95 (relatively in-line with the one year average of the out year multiple, 20x), we see insufficient upside to justify a Buy rating and are moving to Hold."
Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch closed at $18.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JMP Securities Downgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Market Perform
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $99 at Jefferies Following 2Q Beat
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!