Stifel Cuts Price Target on TJX Cos. (TJX) to $86 Following 3Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel maintained a Buy rating on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX), and cut the price target to $86.00 (from $92.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJ Maxx reported adjusted 3Q EPS of $0.91, $0.04 above consensus estimates. The beat was driven by stronger sales and better than expected gross margin expansion. However, Stifel believes that the wage increases and investments in growth headwinds will begin to moderate in 2018 and FX could become a tailwind.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "Near-Term EPS will continue to be pressured by three factors: wage growth (3% neg impact to EPS growth), FX (low single digit neg. impact to EPS growth) and ongoing investments to support growth. These factors will likely limit 2016 and 2017 EPS growth to mid to high single digits in our opinion, below management’s LT guidance of a low double digit increase."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $74.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!