Stifel Cuts Price Target on TJX Cos. (TJX) to $86 Following 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel maintained a Buy rating on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX), and cut the price target to $86.00 (from $92.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJ Maxx reported adjusted 3Q EPS of $0.91, $0.04 above consensus estimates. The beat was driven by stronger sales and better than expected gross margin expansion. However, Stifel believes that the wage increases and investments in growth headwinds will begin to moderate in 2018 and FX could become a tailwind.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "Near-Term EPS will continue to be pressured by three factors: wage growth (3% neg impact to EPS growth), FX (low single digit neg. impact to EPS growth) and ongoing investments to support growth. These factors will likely limit 2016 and 2017 EPS growth to mid to high single digits in our opinion, below management’s LT guidance of a low double digit increase."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $74.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Mizuho Securities Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q Miss
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!