Stifel Cuts Price Target on TJX Cos. (TJX) to $86 Following 3Q
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel maintained a Buy rating on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX), and cut the price target to $86.00 (from $92.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. TJ Maxx reported adjusted 3Q EPS of $0.91, $0.04 above consensus estimates. The beat was driven by stronger sales and better than expected gross margin expansion. However, Stifel believes that the wage increases and investments in growth headwinds will begin to moderate in 2018 and FX could become a tailwind.
Analyst Richard Jaffe commented, "Near-Term EPS will continue to be pressured by three factors: wage growth (3% neg impact to EPS growth), FX (low single digit neg. impact to EPS growth) and ongoing investments to support growth. These factors will likely limit 2016 and 2017 EPS growth to mid to high single digits in our opinion, below management’s LT guidance of a low double digit increase."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $74.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zions Bancorp (ZION) PT Lowered to $49 at FIG Partners Following 4Q EPS Beat
- CBS Corp. (CBS): Raising PT On Higher Retransmission Fees - Needham
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!