Stifel Boosts PT on FedEx (FDX) to $186 Following Q1 Report; Says Performing Well in Challenging Macro Environment
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel boosts its price target on Buy-rated FedEx (NYSE: FDX) from $179 to $186 following FQ117 results on Tuesday night.
Analyst David Ross commented today,
While we believe the Street was cautious going into the quarter due to a weak macro backdrop, FedEx showed that e-commerce growth, while bad for some, is (still) good for them. The only growth we are seeing across our coverage right now is in e-commerce and private fleet outsourcing.
Our Buy rating on FedEx has been premised both on relative valuation and the fact that it is one of the few companies with improving density, pricing power, and industry volume growth. With its F1Q17 report, we expect the multiple to expand, as estimates appear more reasonable. Furthermore, we believe the company's TNT positive commentary erases some of the uncertainty overhang that lingered after the F4Q16 call in June. FDX remains our favorite large-cap idea.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Remains Bullish on JPMorgan (JPM) Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Bernstein Upgrades Lions Gate (LGF) to Outperform
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Texas Roadhouse (TXRH) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!