Stifel Affirms Seagate Tech (STX) at 'Hold'; ValueAct Buy Means Samsung Sale?
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel affirms Seagate Technology plc (Nasdaq: STX) with a Hold rating and $35 price target after the company announced a secondary block trade transaction and that ValueAct Capital would become its largest shareholder.
The firm commented today,
While we have not spoken with the company about this transaction, we would believe investors could consider that this size of a block trade could relate to a decision by Samsung to liquidate its position in Seagate – Bloomberg listing Samsung’s ownership in Seagate at ~12.540 million shares (side note: earlier this week it was reported that Samsung divested half of its stake in ASML, or ~$680 million). ValueAct’s ~3.0 million share purchase in Seagate occurred during the June quarter. In connection with the transaction, ValueAct has been invited to serve as an observer on Seagate’s board of directors. Samsung has had a board seat at Seagate (Dr. She-Woong Jeong) since April 2012. This transaction is expected to close by the end of September.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Starrex Updates Previous Disclosure on Restatements and Refilings
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds
Related EntitiesStifel, ValueAct Capital, LLC, Jeffrey W. Ubben
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!