Stifel Affirms Seagate Tech (STX) at 'Hold'; ValueAct Buy Means Samsung Sale?
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel affirms Seagate Technology plc (Nasdaq: STX) with a Hold rating and $35 price target after the company announced a secondary block trade transaction and that ValueAct Capital would become its largest shareholder.
The firm commented today,
While we have not spoken with the company about this transaction, we would believe investors could consider that this size of a block trade could relate to a decision by Samsung to liquidate its position in Seagate – Bloomberg listing Samsung’s ownership in Seagate at ~12.540 million shares (side note: earlier this week it was reported that Samsung divested half of its stake in ASML, or ~$680 million). ValueAct’s ~3.0 million share purchase in Seagate occurred during the June quarter. In connection with the transaction, ValueAct has been invited to serve as an observer on Seagate’s board of directors. Samsung has had a board seat at Seagate (Dr. She-Woong Jeong) since April 2012. This transaction is expected to close by the end of September.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds
Related EntitiesStifel, ValueAct Capital, LLC, Jeffrey W. Ubben
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!