Stifel Affirms Coty (COTY) at 'Buy'; ghd Acquisition Shows Willingness to Perform Deals
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel affirms its Buy rating and $32 price target on Coty Inc. (NYSE: COTY) after the company announced that it has reached a definitive agreement to acquire ghd from Lion Capital LLP for approximately £420 million (ca. $510 million) in cash.
The firm commented on Monday:
Overall, we believe the acquisition is notable as it indicates Coty’s willingness to do more deals and also that the company remains committed to the professional hair care business acquired from Procter & Gamble. We believe Coty remains in the very early innings of a considerable opportunity to build a global beauty business, with improving results in the legacy business coupled with the acquisition of select P&G beauty brand providing increasing optionality. We continue with our Buy rating and $32 price target, 23x and 15x F2018E EPS and EBITDA, respectively, with the premium multiple justified by an anticipated gradual improvement in sales growth, ongoing productivity initiatives, and longer-term optionality to utilize strong cash flow to make meaningful acquisitions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Linde Chairman Said to Pitch Praxair's (PX) Merger Proposal to Board - Bloomberg
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesStifel, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!