Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) Better Than Feared - Stifel
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst, Mark Astrachan, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX) after 4Q16 (September) results of $0.56 was $0.01 above the high-end of guidance and consensus expectations.
Comparable store sales increased 4% in the quarter, falling short of consensus of nearly 5% growth but accelerating modestly on a 2-year basis. U.S. comp growth of 4% was modestly below expectations and made up of 6% ticket and -1% traffic, with the new spend-based loyalty program shifting 2pts of growth from traffic to ticket. China/Asia Pacific comp store sales grew 1%, below the 5.5% level anticipated for the quarter and driven by declines in Japan and sequential deceleration in China.
In short the results were better than feared but not good enough for an upgrade the analyst said.
Shares of Starbucks closed at $51.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!