Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) Better Than Feared - Stifel
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst, Mark Astrachan, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX) after 4Q16 (September) results of $0.56 was $0.01 above the high-end of guidance and consensus expectations.
Comparable store sales increased 4% in the quarter, falling short of consensus of nearly 5% growth but accelerating modestly on a 2-year basis. U.S. comp growth of 4% was modestly below expectations and made up of 6% ticket and -1% traffic, with the new spend-based loyalty program shifting 2pts of growth from traffic to ticket. China/Asia Pacific comp store sales grew 1%, below the 5.5% level anticipated for the quarter and driven by declines in Japan and sequential deceleration in China.
In short the results were better than feared but not good enough for an upgrade the analyst said.
Shares of Starbucks closed at $51.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Matador Resources (MTDR) Following Announced Offerings
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on Approach Resources (AREX) Following Announced Equity Transactions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!