Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Consumer Panel Confirms 5% SSS Leading to Below Consensus EPS - RBC
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, David Palmer, reiterated his Outperform rating on Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX) after his proprietary consumer panel confirmed his 5% SSS estimate for F4Q. This is in line with the company commentary that it would likely return to 5% SSS growth. The analyst believes this result would represent a two-year acceleration in sales and ease fears of an ongoing rapid deterioration in the business. Last quarter, Americas SSS growth slowed to 4% versus 7% SSS the quarter before.
The analyst's 2017 EPS estimate of $2.15 (+14% YOY; cons. $2.17) assumes ongoing partner wage investments and incorporates a 53-week year (2pp headwind) in FY16. No change to the price target of $68.
Shares of Starbucks closed at $54.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!