Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Consumer Panel Confirms 5% SSS Leading to Below Consensus EPS - RBC
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst, David Palmer, reiterated his Outperform rating on Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX) after his proprietary consumer panel confirmed his 5% SSS estimate for F4Q. This is in line with the company commentary that it would likely return to 5% SSS growth. The analyst believes this result would represent a two-year acceleration in sales and ease fears of an ongoing rapid deterioration in the business. Last quarter, Americas SSS growth slowed to 4% versus 7% SSS the quarter before.
The analyst's 2017 EPS estimate of $2.15 (+14% YOY; cons. $2.17) assumes ongoing partner wage investments and incorporates a 53-week year (2pp headwind) in FY16. No change to the price target of $68.
Shares of Starbucks closed at $54.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Reiterated Estimates and Buy Rating - RBC
- Deutsche Bank Starts Bruker (BRKR) at Hold
- Deutsche Bank Starts Danaher (DHR) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!