Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) PT, Est. Lowered at Jefferies on Disappointment; Long-Term Story Remains
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst Christopher Mandeville lowered estimates and his price target on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM) to $23.00 (from $24.00) but maintained a Buy rating. The analyst said the long-term story remains.
Mandeville commented, "The 3Q print was a mixed bag with solid comps but weak margins/earnings. Additionally, while the low-end of comp guidance was raised, this still implies worsening 4Q trends. With any high multiple name, an earnings miss is expected to be met with disapproval; however, we view the reaction as overdone and given our belief in SFM's solid 10-12% L-T EBITDA growth, we believe shares can rerate higher once elevated cannibalization/deflation/elevated promos abate."
The firm trimmed Q4 EPS from $0.14 to $0.13, FY16 from $0.86 to $0.85 and FY17 from $0.97 to $0.92.
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $20.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Starts Illumina (ILMN) at Hold
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades American Express (AXP) to Overweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!