Splunk (SPLK): Small License Beat, Big Billings Deceleration : UBS
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) after headline results beat across the board, However, the analyst thinks investors are likely to fixate on two items 1) the smallest license beat in 5 Qs, especially in the context of (disappointingly) inline deferred revenue, and 2) the ~800bps q/q deceleration in calculated billings growth.
Key points in the quarter include:
1) Cloud is now $100M TCV of run rate billings; orders 2x y/y with largest booking Q to date more than double mgmt's plan with 4 of 10 largest deals in the Q Cloud (each 7 figures)
2) public sector traction also up (notably EAAs); encouraging for an F2Q
3) FY17 to mark GM trough
4) Security use case still strong, consistent at 40% of biz.
No change to the price target of $68 based on 6x NTM Sales.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $92 at Needham & Company Following Solid 1Q Beat and Raise
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!