Splunk (SPLK): Small License Beat, Big Billings Deceleration : UBS
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) after headline results beat across the board, However, the analyst thinks investors are likely to fixate on two items 1) the smallest license beat in 5 Qs, especially in the context of (disappointingly) inline deferred revenue, and 2) the ~800bps q/q deceleration in calculated billings growth.
Key points in the quarter include:
1) Cloud is now $100M TCV of run rate billings; orders 2x y/y with largest booking Q to date more than double mgmt's plan with 4 of 10 largest deals in the Q Cloud (each 7 figures)
2) public sector traction also up (notably EAAs); encouraging for an F2Q
3) FY17 to mark GM trough
4) Security use case still strong, consistent at 40% of biz.
No change to the price target of $68 based on 6x NTM Sales.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!