Splunk (SPLK): Small License Beat, Big Billings Deceleration : UBS
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Brent Thill, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) after headline results beat across the board, However, the analyst thinks investors are likely to fixate on two items 1) the smallest license beat in 5 Qs, especially in the context of (disappointingly) inline deferred revenue, and 2) the ~800bps q/q deceleration in calculated billings growth.
Key points in the quarter include:
1) Cloud is now $100M TCV of run rate billings; orders 2x y/y with largest booking Q to date more than double mgmt's plan with 4 of 10 largest deals in the Q Cloud (each 7 figures)
2) public sector traction also up (notably EAAs); encouraging for an F2Q
3) FY17 to mark GM trough
4) Security use case still strong, consistent at 40% of biz.
No change to the price target of $68 based on 6x NTM Sales.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Halliburton (HAL) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on eBay (EBAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!