Splunk (SPLK): Revenue Momentum Continues; Cloud Performance Strong - Oppenheimer
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Shaul Eyal, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) along with the price target of $80. For 2Q17 (July '16), Splunk posted $0.05/$213M (revenue +43% y/y), beating the consensus $0.03/$200.5M. During 2Q, SPLK saw strong cloud growth and signed more than 500 new enterprise customers. SPLK highlighted several high-profile customers including the City of Los Angeles, the Dubai Airport, the State of New York, Uber and Yelp. A Gartner report, "Critical Capabilities for Security Information and Event Management," 8/10/16, highlighted SPLK as a leader in Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for SIEM.
The analyst believes that SPLK is still in the early stages of its growth trajectory and should be able to maintain high revenue growth rates for several quarters to come. No change to the $80 price target.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- American International Group (AIG) PT Lowered to $69 at UBS
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Sanchez Energy (SN) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!