Splunk (SPLK): Raising PT After An Exceptional Quarter - Drexel Hamilton
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Drexel Hamilton analyst, Brian White, reiterated his Buy on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) and noted that he would be an aggressive buyer of Splunk on any weakness this morning. Splunk reported 2Q:FY17 revenue of $212.8 million (up 43% YoY) that beat Street consensus of $200.5 million and EPS of $0.05 exceeded Street consensus of 0.03. Splunk's 2Q:FY17 outlook called for sales of $198-200 million.
The analyst stated "The fundamental trends at Splunk remain very strong and the company is successfully transitioning its business to the cloud. Splunk Cloud experienced a doubling in orders from a year ago and is now operating at over a $100 million annual bookings run rate. Ultimately, we believe this will result in higher levels of recurring revenue and a higher multiple."
The price target increases to $90 from $85.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Bumped to $45 at Nomura, Remains Sidelined
- Seagate Technology (STX): Few Surprises But Vague Guidance - BMO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesDrexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!