Splunk (SPLK): Raising PT After An Exceptional Quarter - Drexel Hamilton
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Drexel Hamilton analyst, Brian White, reiterated his Buy on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) and noted that he would be an aggressive buyer of Splunk on any weakness this morning. Splunk reported 2Q:FY17 revenue of $212.8 million (up 43% YoY) that beat Street consensus of $200.5 million and EPS of $0.05 exceeded Street consensus of 0.03. Splunk's 2Q:FY17 outlook called for sales of $198-200 million.
The analyst stated "The fundamental trends at Splunk remain very strong and the company is successfully transitioning its business to the cloud. Splunk Cloud experienced a doubling in orders from a year ago and is now operating at over a $100 million annual bookings run rate. Ultimately, we believe this will result in higher levels of recurring revenue and a higher multiple."
The price target increases to $90 from $85.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P): Preannouncement Is Substantial Surprise - FBR
- Lam Research (LRCX): Raising PT Ahead of Earnings - RBC
- FBN Securities Raises Price Target on Pandora (P) to $15 Following 4Q Preannouncement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesDrexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!