Splunk (SPLK): Raising PT After An Exceptional Quarter - Drexel Hamilton
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Drexel Hamilton analyst, Brian White, reiterated his Buy on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) and noted that he would be an aggressive buyer of Splunk on any weakness this morning. Splunk reported 2Q:FY17 revenue of $212.8 million (up 43% YoY) that beat Street consensus of $200.5 million and EPS of $0.05 exceeded Street consensus of 0.03. Splunk's 2Q:FY17 outlook called for sales of $198-200 million.
The analyst stated "The fundamental trends at Splunk remain very strong and the company is successfully transitioning its business to the cloud. Splunk Cloud experienced a doubling in orders from a year ago and is now operating at over a $100 million annual bookings run rate. Ultimately, we believe this will result in higher levels of recurring revenue and a higher multiple."
The price target increases to $90 from $85.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesDrexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!