Specialty Pharma Stocks Surge on 'HUGE' Election Win
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Specialty Pharmaceuticals stocks are sharply higher after a Trump win, House and Senate stay Republican and Proposition 61 in California was defeated.
Commenting on the results, Wells Fargo's David Maris said: "Overall, we believe the election results should provide a boost to pharmaceutical company investor sentiment. One will have to wait to see if Trump is serious about his anti-inversion rhetoric which was strong during the campaign, but overall, we think many healthcare investors thought that the election was going to turn out very differently and as such, we believe a relief rally in the sector seems likely, as pharmaceutical industry legislative risks are significantly diminished with the results."
- Shire plc (NASDAQ: SHPG) +7.7%
- Mallinckrodt (NYSE: MNK) +7.5%
- Teva (NASDAQ: TEVA) +7.3%
- Mylan (NASDAQ: MYL) +5.9%
- Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ: HZNP) +5.7%
- Concordia International (NASDAQ: CXRX) +5.5%
- Endo International (NASDAQ: ENDP) +3.5%
- Valeant (NYSE: VRX) +3.1%
- Depomed (NASDAQ: DEPO) +2.6%
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mylan's Commitment to Stemming the Tide of HIV/AIDS as Strong as Ever
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, David Maris
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!