Sonoco Products (SON) PT Raised to $47 at Jefferies
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Philip Ng bumped his price target on Sonoco Products (NYSE: SON) to $47.00 (from $46.00) while maintaining a Hold rating following results.
Ng commented, "While the consumer business is performing better than anticipated and industrial should improve, we remain on the sidelines due to valuation. Separately, SON appears to be close to acquiring a consumer packaging business, and we're encouraged it's showing good discipline and the size of the deal now seems to be more palatable, which should be better received by investors."
The firm raised FY 2016 EPS from $2.72 to $2.74 and trimmed FY 2017 EPS from $2.95 to $2.86.
Shares of Sonoco Products closed at $50.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!