SolarCity (SCTY) Equity Financing Should Provide Confidence to Tesla (TSLA) Shareholders - Baird
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst Ben Kallo weighed in on SolarCity (NASDAQ: SCTY) after the company announced it raised $305M in cash equity financing. Effectively, the company monetized a portion of the future cash flows from a 230 MW portfolio. The transaction also includes an 18-year loan that was syndicated to 5 institutional investors.
Kallo said, "Importantly, this is the second time SolarCity has monetized cash flows in recent months and we estimate the company has achieved a lower rate."
The analyst said the transaction should provide confidence to Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) shareholders that SCTY can be self-funding over the long term.
"While the TSLA transaction still is outstanding, this should help ease TSLA shareholders' concerns regarding SCTY's cash needs when/if the transaction closes," Kallo said. "Under the proposed merger SCTY shareholders would receive 0.11 TSLA shares per SCTY share (equivalent to ~$22 based on TSLA’s current price.)"
The analyst maintained a Neutral rating and price target of $25 on SCTY.
Shares of SolarCity closed at $16.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- CalAtlantic Introduces New Cottage And Village Plans At Blue Horizons In Buckeye
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Definitive Agreement, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!