Sola News Negative for Biogen (BIIB) as Latest in Numerous Failures for the Mechanism - Baird
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney weighed in on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB), saying Eli Lilly's Solanezumab failure is a negative for the company.,
Skorney commented, "Lilly's registrational EXPEDITION 3 trial for solanezumab in mild Alzheimer's patients failed. Though some secondary endpoints favored sola, Lilly's admission that no regulatory filings will be pursued indicates that there was nothing in the data to support additional investigation. We think the news has a clearly negative read-through to Biogen's aducanumab as this study is just the latest in numerous failures for the mechanism."
The firm maintained a Neutral rating price target of $284.
Shares of Biogen closed at $318.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Sees Upside in Biogen (BIIB) into Sola/Aducanumab Data at CATD
- Galena Biopharma (GALE) PT Raised to $4 at Maxim Group into San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!