Sola News Negative for Biogen (BIIB) as Latest in Numerous Failures for the Mechanism - Baird
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney weighed in on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB), saying Eli Lilly's Solanezumab failure is a negative for the company.,
Skorney commented, "Lilly's registrational EXPEDITION 3 trial for solanezumab in mild Alzheimer's patients failed. Though some secondary endpoints favored sola, Lilly's admission that no regulatory filings will be pursued indicates that there was nothing in the data to support additional investigation. We think the news has a clearly negative read-through to Biogen's aducanumab as this study is just the latest in numerous failures for the mechanism."
The firm maintained a Neutral rating price target of $284.
Shares of Biogen closed at $318.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!