Sola Failures Appears 'Near-Perfect' for Biogen (BIIB) - Stifel
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst Thomas Shrader weighed in on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) Eli Lilly's Solanezumab did not meet its primary endpoint in the EXPEDITION3 clinical trial. Solanezumab's near-miss is near-Perfect for Biogen, Shrader said.
Shrader commented, "Solanezumab did not meet its primary endpoint in the EXPEDITION3 clinical trial, a result we fully expected for an antibody that principally binds the wrong form of A-beta plaque in a trial that chased a signal in more advanced patients. The final P-value of 0.095 and directionally positive secondary endpoints seem too far from significance for the drug to be approved by even the most lenient of FDA and Lilly reported there will not be a regulatory submission. This situation seems ideal for Biogen and the aducanumab development story which we view as focused on a better antibody in a more appropriate population. Going forward, the only competition for aducanumab is likely to come from the BACE inhibitors (Merck and Biogen / Eisai) and RAGE inhibitors (vTv therapeutics) – if these molecules are safe and efficacious (several pivotal trials are ongoing)."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Sees Upside in Biogen (BIIB) into Sola/Aducanumab Data at CATD
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!