Sola Failure Decreases Value of Biogen's (BIIB) Aducanumab - BMO Capital
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst M. Ian Somaiya weighed in on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) with shares down on Eli Lilly's solanezumab's failure. The analyst said the news decreases the value of aducanumab's.
Somaiya commented, "We expect BIIB shares to trade down on solanezumab's failure, as we believe another Abeta drug failure increases aducanumab's development risk. But downside likely limited (10-15% in our view) given aducanumab's better Abeta oligomer targeting and trial design (early vs. sola's mild patients). We believe positive titration data (CTAD, 12/9), supporting safe use of highest, most effective dose from P1b, are key to aducanumab's P3 success or at a minimum realizing value in an M&A."
The firm maintained an Market Perform rating and price target of $294.00
Shares of Biogen closed at $318.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Williams Partners LP (WPZ) to Outperform
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades CSX (CSX) to Outperform
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!