Sinovac Biotech (SVA) Management Buyout Offer Undervalues Company by 75% - Heng Ren
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The management bid for Sinovac Biotech Limited (NASDAQ: SVA) needs to be raised by 75%, Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder, argued in a letter to the board.
Halesworth and Thomas D. Grant, CFA, co-author of the analysis, showed that Sinovac’s intrinsic value is $10.84, versus The Insider's buyout offer of just $6.18 per share.
In the analysis, Halesworth and Grant said annual sales of EV71, Sinovac’s breakthrough vaccine to inoculate children in China from Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (HFMD), could eventually reach $400 million.
"The management buyout offer is an epic failure of corporate governance by Sinovac’s Insiders, and a red flag for the future,” stated Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder. “If this poor treatment of shareholders is rewarded, it will surely be repeated.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TGP Exits $2B Race for McDonald's (MCD) China Business - Bloomberg
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!