Sinovac Biotech (SVA) Management Buyout Offer Undervalues Company by 75% - Heng Ren
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
The management bid for Sinovac Biotech Limited (NASDAQ: SVA) needs to be raised by 75%, Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder, argued in a letter to the board.
Halesworth and Thomas D. Grant, CFA, co-author of the analysis, showed that Sinovac’s intrinsic value is $10.84, versus The Insider's buyout offer of just $6.18 per share.
In the analysis, Halesworth and Grant said annual sales of EV71, Sinovac’s breakthrough vaccine to inoculate children in China from Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (HFMD), could eventually reach $400 million.
"The management buyout offer is an epic failure of corporate governance by Sinovac’s Insiders, and a red flag for the future,” stated Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder. “If this poor treatment of shareholders is rewarded, it will surely be repeated.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vista Equity Said Still Positive on DOJ Approval on Cvent, Inc. (CVT) Deal - Bloomberg
- Kroger (KR) May Not Buy Walgreens (WBA)/Rite Aid (RAD) Stores - NYP
- Box (BOX) Has No Comment on Sale Rumors After Leak
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!