Sinovac Biotech (SVA) Management Buyout Offer Undervalues Company by 75% - Heng Ren
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
The management bid for Sinovac Biotech Limited (NASDAQ: SVA) needs to be raised by 75%, Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder, argued in a letter to the board.
Halesworth and Thomas D. Grant, CFA, co-author of the analysis, showed that Sinovac’s intrinsic value is $10.84, versus The Insider's buyout offer of just $6.18 per share.
In the analysis, Halesworth and Grant said annual sales of EV71, Sinovac’s breakthrough vaccine to inoculate children in China from Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (HFMD), could eventually reach $400 million.
"The management buyout offer is an epic failure of corporate governance by Sinovac’s Insiders, and a red flag for the future,” stated Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder. “If this poor treatment of shareholders is rewarded, it will surely be repeated.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Walt Disney (DIS), Twitter (TWTR) Rumored to Have 'Agreed on a Price'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!