Sinovac Biotech (SVA) Management Buyout Offer Undervalues Company by 75% - Heng Ren
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The management bid for Sinovac Biotech Limited (NASDAQ: SVA) needs to be raised by 75%, Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder, argued in a letter to the board.
Halesworth and Thomas D. Grant, CFA, co-author of the analysis, showed that Sinovac’s intrinsic value is $10.84, versus The Insider's buyout offer of just $6.18 per share.
In the analysis, Halesworth and Grant said annual sales of EV71, Sinovac’s breakthrough vaccine to inoculate children in China from Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease (HFMD), could eventually reach $400 million.
"The management buyout offer is an epic failure of corporate governance by Sinovac’s Insiders, and a red flag for the future,” stated Peter Halesworth, Managing Partner of Heng Ren Investments LP and a Sinovac shareholder. “If this poor treatment of shareholders is rewarded, it will surely be repeated.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concho Resources (CXO), PE Investors Seek Buyer for Pipeline System Alpha Crude Connector - DJ
- DuPont (DD), Dow Chemical (DOW) Said Expected to Get Formal EU Objections - Bloomberg, Citing MLEX
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hedge Funds, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!