Sina Corp (SINA): Sum Of The Parts = 54% Upside - Brean Capital
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Brean Capital analyst, Fawne Jiang, reiterated the firm's Buy rating on shares of SINA Corporation (NASDAQ: SINA) but raisesd the price target by 54% to $100.
The analyst noted the valuation gap between SINA and its largest asset WB (in which the company is the majority shareholder) and believes the valuation gap between the two companies creates an attractive opportunity for not only public company investors but also potential strategic buyers who might have interest in taking over WB. Factoring in the company's large cash balance ($1.1B) makes the shares appear even cheaper.
As one of the most valuable social media assets in China, WB has continued to show strong user engagement and traffic growth and recorded 318mm mobile app MAU as of July 2016, according to QuestMobile.
The analyst stated "During the period of the Summer Olympics, tracking data shows robust growth in both app download and DAU in August. Furthermore, unlike their global peers who have been struggling with effective monetization, the company has successfully established its advertising model and works closely with both brand advertisers as well as SME advertisers in China".
The $100 PT is up from $65.
Shares of SINA Corporation closed at $73.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $210 at Brean Capital
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!