Sina Corp (SINA): Sum Of The Parts = 54% Upside - Brean Capital
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital analyst, Fawne Jiang, reiterated the firm's Buy rating on shares of SINA Corporation (NASDAQ: SINA) but raisesd the price target by 54% to $100.
The analyst noted the valuation gap between SINA and its largest asset WB (in which the company is the majority shareholder) and believes the valuation gap between the two companies creates an attractive opportunity for not only public company investors but also potential strategic buyers who might have interest in taking over WB. Factoring in the company's large cash balance ($1.1B) makes the shares appear even cheaper.
As one of the most valuable social media assets in China, WB has continued to show strong user engagement and traffic growth and recorded 318mm mobile app MAU as of July 2016, according to QuestMobile.
The analyst stated "During the period of the Summer Olympics, tracking data shows robust growth in both app download and DAU in August. Furthermore, unlike their global peers who have been struggling with effective monetization, the company has successfully established its advertising model and works closely with both brand advertisers as well as SME advertisers in China".
The $100 PT is up from $65.
Shares of SINA Corporation closed at $73.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Cowen Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) to $25 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!