Simmons Upgrades Eclipse Resources (ECR) to Neutral
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Simmons, a unit of PIper Jaffray, upgraded Eclipse Resources (NYSE: ECR) from Underweight to Neutral with a price target of $4.00 (from $3.00).
Analyst Pearce Hammond commented, "One of the primary reasons for our moving to an UW rating earlier this year was due to worries about ECR's balance sheet and leverage, as well as concerns over the natural gas macro. However, neither of these worries are justified at this point. Following their late Jun '16 equity offering, ECR has $334M of liquidity (pro-forma for the $123M net equity offering proceeds) with an undrawn revolver. We estimate YE'17 net D/EBITDAX at 2.5x. In addition, we believe the improving natural gas macro (we expect the storage surplus relative to the prior year and 5 year average to continue shrinking) should provide a tailwind for ECR. The stock screens better on cash flow ('17E EV/EBITDAX at ~6x) than on PT/NAV (15% upside potential). Operationally, ECR is making solid forward progress with the super long lateral Purple Hayes well performance."
Shares of Eclipse Resources closed at $3.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Univar (UNVR) to Outperform
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEquity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!