Simmons Raises Price Target on Tesoro Petroleum (TSO) to $82; Remains Bullish
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Simmons reiterated an Overweight rating on Tesoro Corporation (NYSE: TSO), and raised the price target to $82.00 (from $78.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Jeff Dietert commented, "TSO 2Q adjusted earnings were slightly below expectations and FY’16 improved utilization and efficiency gains were revised lower by $100M. However, TSO remains on track to capture $400M-$500M of FY’16 operating income improvements and we expect TSO to build its cash position in 2H’16 supported by selling Alaska and Martinez assets to TLLP. The company raised its dividend by 10% and bought back $100M of stock in 2Q. California margins have softened as expected with the Torrance restart, however, we view the California market as attractive in the mid-to-long term. TSO remains our favorite within the refining sector."
Shares of Tesoro Corporation closed at $74.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!