Simmons Raises Price Target on Tesoro Petroleum (TSO) to $82; Remains Bullish
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Simmons reiterated an Overweight rating on Tesoro Corporation (NYSE: TSO), and raised the price target to $82.00 (from $78.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Analyst Jeff Dietert commented, "TSO 2Q adjusted earnings were slightly below expectations and FY’16 improved utilization and efficiency gains were revised lower by $100M. However, TSO remains on track to capture $400M-$500M of FY’16 operating income improvements and we expect TSO to build its cash position in 2H’16 supported by selling Alaska and Martinez assets to TLLP. The company raised its dividend by 10% and bought back $100M of stock in 2Q. California margins have softened as expected with the Torrance restart, however, we view the California market as attractive in the mid-to-long term. TSO remains our favorite within the refining sector."
Shares of Tesoro Corporation closed at $74.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades SCANA Corp (SCG) to Neutral, Says "We Don't Want To Push Our Luck"
- Jefferies Downgrades NantKwest (NK) to Hold
- Jefferies Reiterastes Hold on McDonald's (MCD) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!