Simmons Raises Price Target on EOG Resources (EOG) Following Yates Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Simmons reiterated an Overweight rating on EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG), and raised the price target to $109.00 (from $103.00), following the company's Acquisition of Yates.
Analyst Pearce Hammond commented, "EOG shares are up 6% since announcing the $2.5B Yates acquisition yesterday. We think this is a smart transaction for several reasons: 1) terrific valuation as EOG was able to increase their premium location count by 40% with just a 5% increase in their share count,;2) does not strain the balance sheet since it is primarily funded with equity; 3) high grades the company's Permian position; and 4) most importantly in our view, completes the pivot to the Permian and away from the Eagle Ford (there are now more Permian than Eagle Ford premium locations in EOG's inventory). We continue to advocate EOG as a core holding for long term energy investors. While valuation is not overly compelling (16% upside potential to our revised $109 PT/NAV and trading at 11.2x '17E EV/EBITDAX), the trade off for the higher valuation is a company that provides tremendous visibility on long term production growth."
Shares of EOG Resources closed at $94.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!