Simmons Raises Price Target on EOG Resources (EOG) Following Yates Acquisition
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Simmons reiterated an Overweight rating on EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG), and raised the price target to $109.00 (from $103.00), following the company's Acquisition of Yates.
Analyst Pearce Hammond commented, "EOG shares are up 6% since announcing the $2.5B Yates acquisition yesterday. We think this is a smart transaction for several reasons: 1) terrific valuation as EOG was able to increase their premium location count by 40% with just a 5% increase in their share count,;2) does not strain the balance sheet since it is primarily funded with equity; 3) high grades the company's Permian position; and 4) most importantly in our view, completes the pivot to the Permian and away from the Eagle Ford (there are now more Permian than Eagle Ford premium locations in EOG's inventory). We continue to advocate EOG as a core holding for long term energy investors. While valuation is not overly compelling (16% upside potential to our revised $109 PT/NAV and trading at 11.2x '17E EV/EBITDAX), the trade off for the higher valuation is a company that provides tremendous visibility on long term production growth."
Shares of EOG Resources closed at $94.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $44; Reiterates Strong Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!