Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) PT Lifted to $28 at Needham & Company
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Twas the Night Before Alibaba (BABA)
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Total S.A. (TOT) Receives $2.25B Bid for Bostik from France-Based Arkema
- Oracle (ORCL) CEO Ellison Steps Down; Will Remain as Chairman
Needham & Company analyst Rajvindra Gill raised estimates and his price target on Buy-rated Silicon Motion Technology (NASDAQ: SIMO) after the company raised its top-line Q2 outlook sharply.
Gill commented, "SIMO, this morning, significantly raised its 2Q revenue and GM guidance: sequential revenue growth of 30-32% vs. previously announced 10-15% (mid-range implies $69.2M compared to our $59.5M). GMs are expected to be 51-52% vs. to 48-50%. The upside is coming from strength in eMMC and SSD, and LTE to a lesser extent. We believe SIMO is well-positioned to capitalize on the eMMC and SSD trend, with its legacy business “troughing”. In addition, SIMO could be a prime acquisition candidate by either a major flash vendor and/or large smartphone OEM given its expertise in TLC controller/SSD and LTE transceiver technology."
The firm raised FY 2014 EPS from $1.08 to $1.25 and FY 2015 EPS from $1.25 to $1.50.
Shares of Silicon Motion Technology closed at $21.49 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Upgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Buy
- Hercules Offshore (HERO) Price Target Lowered at Goldman Sachs
- Piper Jaffray Reiterates Bullish Stance on SanDisk (SNDK) on Earnings Momentum from Fusion IO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!