Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) PT Lifted to $28 at Needham & Company
- Wall Street gives up on June rate hike by Fed after payrolls disappoint: poll
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 160K vs 200K Expected; UE Rate 5.0% vs 4.9% Expected
- Oil up on Canada wildfire, dollar; big weekly loss for Brent
- GoPro (GPRO) Misses Q1 EPS by 3c; Guidance Reaffirmed But Drone Delayed
- UPDATE: Charter (CHTR) Wins FCC Approval to Buy Time Warner Cable (TWC)
Needham & Company analyst Rajvindra Gill raised estimates and his price target on Buy-rated Silicon Motion Technology (NASDAQ: SIMO) after the company raised its top-line Q2 outlook sharply.
Gill commented, "SIMO, this morning, significantly raised its 2Q revenue and GM guidance: sequential revenue growth of 30-32% vs. previously announced 10-15% (mid-range implies $69.2M compared to our $59.5M). GMs are expected to be 51-52% vs. to 48-50%. The upside is coming from strength in eMMC and SSD, and LTE to a lesser extent. We believe SIMO is well-positioned to capitalize on the eMMC and SSD trend, with its legacy business “troughing”. In addition, SIMO could be a prime acquisition candidate by either a major flash vendor and/or large smartphone OEM given its expertise in TLC controller/SSD and LTE transceiver technology."
The firm raised FY 2014 EPS from $1.08 to $1.25 and FY 2015 EPS from $1.25 to $1.50.
Shares of Silicon Motion Technology closed at $21.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on EnerNOC (ENOC) to $12 Following 1Q Beat
- UBS Raises Price Target on Apache Corp. (APA) to $54 Following 1Q Report
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Arc Logistics Partners (ARCX) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!