Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) PT Lifted to $28 at Needham & Company
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
Needham & Company analyst Rajvindra Gill raised estimates and his price target on Buy-rated Silicon Motion Technology (NASDAQ: SIMO) after the company raised its top-line Q2 outlook sharply.
Gill commented, "SIMO, this morning, significantly raised its 2Q revenue and GM guidance: sequential revenue growth of 30-32% vs. previously announced 10-15% (mid-range implies $69.2M compared to our $59.5M). GMs are expected to be 51-52% vs. to 48-50%. The upside is coming from strength in eMMC and SSD, and LTE to a lesser extent. We believe SIMO is well-positioned to capitalize on the eMMC and SSD trend, with its legacy business “troughing”. In addition, SIMO could be a prime acquisition candidate by either a major flash vendor and/or large smartphone OEM given its expertise in TLC controller/SSD and LTE transceiver technology."
The firm raised FY 2014 EPS from $1.08 to $1.25 and FY 2015 EPS from $1.25 to $1.50.
Shares of Silicon Motion Technology closed at $21.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nimble Storage (NMBL) PT Raised to $37 at Needham & Company Amid Strong Q3
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Downgrades 21Vianet (VNET) to Hold
- Analog Devices (ADI) PT Raised to $60 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!