Silicon Labs (SLAB) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Needham & Company; 'Buy' Maintained
- Energy drags Wall St. lower; S&P down slightly in August
- salesforce.com (CRM) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Issues Light Q3 Outlook
- Wall Street is Already Looking Past Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 7 to the 8
- Box (BOX) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c, FY EPS Guidance Tops Views
- After-Hours Stock Movers 08/31: (CYNA) (OXM) (OLLI) Higher; (CRM) (SCVL) (FIVE) Lower (more...)
Needham & Company analyst Vernon Essi, Jr. trimmed his estimates on Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) to $51.00 (from $53.00) but maintained Buy rating following Q2 results.
Essi comments, "SLAB delivered Q2 upside in part driven by a patent royalty sale favorably impacting rev/EPS by $5M/$0.08. Without this impact rev/EPS would still have exceeded the upper end of the guided ranges. The Q3 revenue guide was a touch below consensus while EPS is a solid miss due to ongoing patent litigation that is expected to run $3M/Q (or $0.05 in EPS headwind) near-term. Otherwise the business segments were in fairly solid shape, especially Broad-based, which posted record revenues driven by IoT, and upside in Access."
FY 2014 EPS goes from $2.00 to $1.90 and FY 2015 EPS goes from $2.40 to $2.10.
Shares of Silicon Labs are down 13.9% today to $40.30.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Veeva Systems (VEEV) Following 2Q report
- UBS Remains Sidelined on Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) Following 2Q - PT to $18
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $37 Ahead of 2Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!