Signet Jewelers (SIG): Valuation Pressure May Continue - Cowen
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen analyst, Oliver Chen, reiterated his Outperform rating on Signet Jewelers (NYSE: SIG) after the company missed 2Q comps & guided FY17 down ~-13% on FY comps of -2.5% to -1.0% implying neg. 2H comps. Problems driving weaker outlook were numerous, including: oil market weakness neg. impacting regional demand, election year uncertainty, & Brexit. Meanwhile, the Jared comp of -7.6% shows fundamental issues as SIG works to drive better customer segmentation.
The price target drops to $96 from $130 on 11x revised FY18E EPS.
Shares of Signet Jewelers closed at $83.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macquarie Downgrades SCANA Corp (SCG) to Neutral, Says "We Don't Want To Push Our Luck"
- Dougherty & Co Upgrades MKS Instruments (MKSI) to Buy
- GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) PT Raised to $15 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!