Shire plc (SHPG): Xiidra Could Be Bigger Than Expected - Jefferies
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, David Steinberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Shire (NASDAQ: SHPG) after the second week of Xiidra being officially on the market. The posted 4205 TRxs, assuming a GtN discount of 30%, appears to be already generating annualized sales of $78M (if the product was not being offered for free). If they convert to full pay Rxs this will be a phenomenal result and the analyst believes there is good reason to think they will.
The analyst went on to say "While extremely early, SHPG could be positioned to make Xiidra its largest drug ever with peak US sales of $2B+". No change to the price target of $262.
Shares of Shire closed at $200.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Vocera Communications, Inc. (VCRA) to $22
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!