Shire plc (SHPG): Xiidra Could Be Bigger Than Expected - Jefferies
- Euro and global stocks hold Italy-related gains ahead of ECB
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Evercore ISI Upgrades Netflix (NFLX) to Hold; Competition Gaining Little Traction
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst, David Steinberg, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Shire (NASDAQ: SHPG) after the second week of Xiidra being officially on the market. The posted 4205 TRxs, assuming a GtN discount of 30%, appears to be already generating annualized sales of $78M (if the product was not being offered for free). If they convert to full pay Rxs this will be a phenomenal result and the analyst believes there is good reason to think they will.
The analyst went on to say "While extremely early, SHPG could be positioned to make Xiidra its largest drug ever with peak US sales of $2B+". No change to the price target of $262.
Shares of Shire closed at $200.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Wedbush Starts William Lyon Homes (WLH) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!